|Author :||Jae K. Shim, Ph.D., CPA|
|CPE Credits :||6.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Specialized Knowledge - Specialized Knowledge for Course Id 1194
This course covers both financing and investing in real estate. The first section deals with two major aspects of real estate financing: (1) financial instruments and (2) the means of financing. It examines the financial side of the lending process. The second section deals with investing in real estate. Topics include: the advantages and pitfalls of real estate investing, how to value an income-producing property, how to use leverage and increase return, and buying a home.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||Basic Math.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||23-Apr-2019|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - 1194
|Keywords :||Specialized Knowledge and Applications, Real, Estate, Financing, Investment, v08, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
2. Identify transactions covered and disclosures required by the lending laws.
3. Identify agencies involved in the mortgage market.
4. Recognize the classification and uses of different mortgage types.
2. Identify the factors to be considered in investment decisions.
3. Recognize the relationship between inflation and interest and how it affects different investment options.
2. Identify factors of the real estate purchase price and different loan types.
2. Recognize the characteristics of REITís.
3. Identify ways to calculate returns for real estate investment.
|Course Contents :||