NASBA CPE Tracker & Audit Service
The Last Self-Study CPE Website You Will Ever Need
(Click for Subscriptions)
Do you presently use any kind of NASBA CPE tracker to track your CPE? If yes, you certainly belong to the group of a handful of CPAs.
However, the reality is that, at present, the majority of CPAs don’t use a NASBA CPE tracker. Unfortunately, this may lead to some irreversible damages to their professional careers.
Furthermore, the recent launch of the NASBA CPE Audit Service has made using such a tool more important than ever.
On this page, we’ll discuss all the vital aspects related to the NASBA CPE tracker. Right from its importance and the real significance of the NASBA CPE Audit Service to the benefits of using the NASBA CPE tracker offered by CPEThink.com.
Let’s delve deeper.
Regardless of the state or jurisdiction, where you’re licensed as a CPA, you must earn a specific number of CPE credits over a specified timeframe to keep your license active.
Now, you might be thinking that this thing is known to every CPA in the country. How does it relate to using the NASBA CPE tracker? Continue reading and you’ll get the answer yourself.
To understand the true importance of using the NASBA CPE tracker, first, you need to understand what might happen when you don’t use it.
· In a license renewal cycle, CPAs need to adhere to different CPE requirements. From following the guidelines pertaining to the minimums and maximums to fulfilling professional requirements, they need to take care of different aspects.
When you earn CPE credits from many different programs, and oftentimes, from different sponsors, it becomes quite difficult to manage them properly. It also becomes very hard to maintain their accurate records.
· When you fail to maintain accurate records of your CPE credits, it becomes almost impossible to meet your compliance requirements.
· Failure to comply with the CPE requirements may lead to the loss of your CPA license. And without an active license, you may have to experience some serious damages to your career.
· If you work independently, you won’t be able to professionally work on accounting engagements without an active license. This will lead to the loss of clients, and in turn, your income.
· If you work for a firm, the absence of an active license may result in losing your job. At least, until you don’t regain the active status of your license.
Whether you work independently or for an organization, losing clients or remaining jobless for some time will generate a long-lasting negative impression on your career.
Many CPAs choose to track their CPE using methods like maintaining physical copies of the documents or keeping records of the credits using an Excel file. While it’s possible to track CPE using these methods, they may generate difficulties as well.
Let’s take a look.
· When it comes to maintaining physical copies of the documents, there always remains a risk of misplacing them. And if you cannot find them at the right time, it may ultimately lead to situations like non-compliance with your CPE requirements.
· Maintaining an Excel file to keep records of your CPE is certainly better than manual tracking. However, you need to have a solid knowledge of Excel to perform complex credit calculations, such as carrying forward credits.
And if you want to gain mastery in Excel, it requires a substantial investment of time and effort, which isn’t a feasible option for the majority of CPAs.
Fortunately, the NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com acts like a one-stop solution for all these things. You only need to enter your NASBA CPE Tracker login credentials to use the tool and it takes care of the rest itself.
The NASBA CPE Audit Service was launched on 4th May 2022. The objective of the CPE Audit Service NASBA is to provide the state boards of accountancy with an automated tool that can help them in conducting audits of their CPAs’ compliance with the CPE requirements.
The application has rules of every jurisdiction configured in it. This means any state board of accountancy can use it to conduct audits of its CPAs, regardless of how it schedules the audits.
It’s important to note that CPAs, who haven’t been selected for audits, can use the platform to see whether or not they’re complying with their CPE requirements.
Here’s a brief overview of how the tool works in the context of an audit.
· CPAs report their CPE hours and documentation to their respective boards electronically using the platform.
· Then the boards use administrative tools available with the platform to assess those CPE hours and documentation to determine whether or not the CPAs are in compliance with their CPE requirements.
Basically, the NASBA CPE Audit Service helps the boards to collect their CPAs’ data more efficiently and conduct the audit process online.
When it comes to supplying the required information and documentation to the board using the CPE Audit Service NASBA, you can use different formats, such as paper certificates, paper forms, spreadsheets, etc.
And this is exactly where the real value of using the NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com comes in. You only need to complete three steps to provide your board with the required information and documentation.
Here’s how the CPE Tracker NASBA simplifies the entire process to a great extent.
· Use your NASBA CPE Tracker login credentials to open the tool.
· Use it to create a .CSV file containing all the necessary information and documentation.
· Upload your .CSV file to the NASBA CPE Audit Service with a click of the mouse.
Isn’t it absolutely simple and fast?
As mentioned earlier, even if you aren’t selected for an audit by your board, you can use the NASBA CPE Audit Service to see whether or not you’re on the right track.
It’s important to note that to use the platform, you must be a CPE Audit Service NASBA registered member.
Here’s how to become a CPE Audit Service NASBA registered member.
· During the creation of accounts, the platform automatically generates initial sign-in links using the ALD (Accountancy Licensee Database) Feeds of boards available with the platform. This link will be sent to you by your state board.
· You’ll need to determine your password and security question when completing the initial registration of your account.
The NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com also comes in extremely handy even when you’re checking if you’re adhering to your CPE requirements. You need to complete the same three steps as what you’d do when uploading your information and documentation for the purpose of an audit.
And you’re ready to see if you’re complying with your CPE requirements.
If you check the NASBA CPE Audit Service website, you can see that there are three sign-in options available: providers, boards, and licensees. Let’s see what each of these entails.
This sign-in option is for CPE sponsors. By enrolling with a CPE provider that has integrated with the CPE Audit Service NASBA, the process of uploading your information and documentation to the platform becomes extremely fast.
Being a NASBA-authorized CPE sponsor, CPEThink.com is able to submit your CPE attendance records directly to your user account on your behalf. This essentially offers an extremely convenient and automated solution to both you and your state board of accountancy in terms of tracking your CPE compliance.
This option is for state boards of accountancy. Participating boards in the ALD can sign in to their accounts and conduct an efficient CPE audit process for their CPAs.
This option is for CPAs. As noted earlier, to use this feature, you need to be a CPE Audit Service NASBA registered member. Once you become a registered member, you can use your login credentials to use the platform as an individual CPA.
Here also, the NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com proves to be very useful. If you want to upload your information and documentation to the platform yourself, you can do it quickly and easily.
Just use your NASBA CPE Tracker login credentials to open the tool, create the .CSV file, and upload it to the platform with just one click.
So far, we’ve been discussing how the NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com helps to reduce the stress and workload of CPAs in terms of CPE compliance.
Now, let’s talk about some of the tracker’s top features that have helped it garner massive popularity.
· Effortless CPE tracking
The tool tracks CPE according to the rules and regulations established by your state board of accountancy. This means you don’t have to read the rules all the time. Just use your NASBA CPE Tracker login credentials to obtain a better understanding of your position in terms of your board’s CPE requirements.
· Simple user interface
The simple interface makes using the tracker very simple. Right from signing in to it to monitoring your CPE or uploading your information to the NASBA CPE Audit Service, everything is as intuitive and easy to use as possible.
· Accurate CPE tracking means being able to focus more on CPE
The tracker lets you have all your CPE details at your fingertips, meaning you don’t need to regularly check how many CPE credits you’ve already earned and how many are still left to meet your CPE requirements.
This essentially helps you plan your CPE more efficiently and focus more on your courses to get the most out of them.
· Automatic upload of your certificates to your account
Whenever you complete a CPE course from CPEThink.com successfully and earn the credits, your certificate of completion will be automatically uploaded to your NASBA CPE Tracker account. With CPEThink.com as your CPE sponsor, you can forget about printing tons of certificates of completion and managing them manually.
You don’t even need to worry about forgetting to upload your information to the tracker, as long as you purchase the course from CPEThink.com and complete it successfully. The CPEThink.com website will automatically upload your certificate of completion to your CPE Tracker NASBA account.
· One tracker for all your CPE
The NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com lets you stay on top of your CPE all the time. Whether you want to be sure that you’re in compliance with your CPE requirements or you need to upload your information and documentation to the NASBA CPE Audit Service to satisfy an audit, this tracker is the only tool you’ll ever need to manage your CPE.
· Top-notch customer support
Like all other products of CPEThink.com, the NASBA CPE Tracker is also backed by a knowledgeable customer support team. Although the tracker is very easy to use, the customer support team is always available to help you out.
If you face any difficulty using the tracker or have any questions, you only need to contact the team through any of the several available options to have your issue resolved.
The NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com emerges as the go-to option for CPAs looking for a simple yet highly effective solution to act quickly and efficiently when facing an audit. As you can see, the tracker also makes it extremely convenient to see whether or not you’re on the right track to meet your CPE requirements.
Shifting the huge responsibility of uploading your CPE information and documentation to the NASBA CPE Audit Service away from you eliminates the possibility of errors that may occur if you miscalculate CPE.
It also reduces the amount of CPE data that you have to maintain to only what is absolutely important. This, in turn, greatly minimizes the amount of effort and time that you need to invest to manage your overall CPE.
If you haven’t started using the NASBA CPE Tracker from CPEThink.com, it’s time to do so. If you want to learn more about the tracker, reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to be of help.
Check out what other customers are saying.