|Author :||Danny C Santucci, JD|
|Course Length :||Pages: 83 ||| Review Questions: 47 ||| Final Exam Questions: 45|
|CPE Credits :||9.0|
|IRS Credits :||9|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Taxes - Taxes for Course Id 1788
This mini-course examines key individual, business, retirement, and estate tax provisions recently enacted or indexed for inflation in an overview format that is easy to reference. The emphasis is on quick access to major tax changes having special meaning to the tax practitioner and return preparer. The course is a great resource and way for professionals and staff alike to easily get the “big chunks” and bring their professional knowledge up to speed.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||General understanding of federal income taxation.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :||
IRS provides tax inflation adjustments for tax year 2021
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||31-Mar-2021|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents - 1788
|Keywords :||Taxes, 2021, 2020, Easy, Update, Inflation, Adjustments, Tax, Coronavirus, Legislation, Plus, Reminders, Select, Provisions, Mini, Course, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.ASSIGNMENT
* Tax credits
* Education credits
* Business deductions & credits
* Retirement plan contribution and phaseout limits
* Gift and estate taxes
* Virus Related Treasury & IRS notices and pronouncements
* Families First Coronavirus Response Act paid leave requirements
* Modified income tax filing & payment deadlines
* CARES Act tax provisions
2. Determine the key business tax issues affected by inflation adjustments and recent legislative changes, including corporate tax rates, entertainment expenses, tax credits & deductions, bonus depreciation, expensing, standard mileage rates, employment taxation, repatriation of foreign income, small business stock, partnership taxation, and excessive compensation.
3. Specify differences between various retirement plans, including inflation-adjusted contribution limits and phaseout limits, and determine estate taxes by identifying trust income tax rates and determining applicable exclusion amounts.
4. Identify permissible HSA payments, allowable FFCRA payroll tax credits and paid leave, postponement of tax filing and payment deadlines, the Stafford Act.
5. Recognize the tax provisions of the CARES Act including recovery rebates, above-the-line charitable contributions, deferral of payroll tax, business loan forgiveness, employee retention credits, remote medical services, and unemployment benefits.
6. Identify the pandemic and tax provisions of the CCA & ARPA Acts including fiscal funding, credits, recovery rebates,deferral of payroll tax, loan forgiveness,, PPP loans, and tax extenders.
|Course Contents :|