|Author :||Jae K. Shim, Ph.D., CPA|
|Course Length :||Pages: 104 ||| Review Questions: 26 ||| Final Exam Questions: 40|
|CPE Credits :||8.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - NASBA Registry|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Business Management & Organization - Business Management & Organization for Course Id 669
This course teaches you the art and science of managing and accomplishing organizational goals and improving the way organizations are managed. Management refers to the process of coordinating and integrating work activities so that they are completed efficiently and effectively with and through other people. Managers of today need to be equipped with all the tools and concepts necessary to perform managerial activities in order to be globally competitive. Topics include functions of managers, strategies, planning, decision making, organization, leadership, motivation, control, total quality management (TQM), the role of technology, international business, and analysis of problems central to management.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||11-Apr-2022|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - NASBA Registry - 669
|Keywords :||Management Services, Management, Handbook, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
2. Identify traits required by management in the 21st century vs. earlier periods.
3. Differentiate among the five major managerial functions.
4. Recognize the difference between group and individual decision making process.
2. Recognize management by objectives (MBO).
3. Recognize characteristics of formal vs. informal planning.
4. Differentiate among the types of analysis used for managerial decisions.
5. Differentiate between strategic planning versus tactical planning and the different levels of the organization involved.
6. Recognize the key steps in planning.
2. Recognize approaches to departmentation and the benefits associated with departmentation.
3. Differentiate between the use of power and authority to accomplish objectives.
4. Recognize why managers are reluctant to delegate.
5. Identify benefits of decentralized authority.
6. Distinguish between line and staff authority.
2. Recognize the concept of a matrix organization.
3. Identify factors common to all informal work groups.
4. Identify some organization change and dynamics, and how the change and impact on employees can be influenced by management
5. Recognize the components of a good job description and the responsibility of human resource.
2. Identify the elements of good direction.
3. Recognize different management theories and leadership skills.
2. Recognize various methods of employee performance appraisal.
2. Identify different characteristics of quality control.
3. Recognize different tools used for control.
2. Recognize the importance of politics and cultures in international management.
3. Differentiate between different methods used to help analyze management decisions.
|Course Contents :||