|Author :||Patricia McCarthy, MBA|
|Course Length :||Pages: 56 ||| Review Questions: 18 ||| Final Exam Questions: 25|
|CPE Credits :||5.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Specialized Knowledge - Specialized Knowledge for Course Id 1655
The Journal of Accountancy stated that audiences understand and remember numerical information more easily when a CPA presents it visually as well as verbally. This course covers the basics of creating, editing and formatting a chart and more. It also shows you how to create a default chart as well as a custom chart. It discusses different chart types such as a combination chart, 2 y axis chart, stock charts, funnel charts and waterfall charts. The course also discusses how to efficiently link your Excel charts into PowerPoint and Word so that your presentations are always up-to-date.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||This course is written for Excel 2019 and Microsoft Office 365 users. However, users with Excel 2016 should have little difficulty. A basic understanding of file management (how to open and save files) is assumed. You should be comfortable using Excel at a basic level.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||01-Jun-2021|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - 1655
|Keywords :||Specialized Knowledge and Applications, Creating, Effective, Charts, Excel, 2019, Microsoft, Office, 365, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
Course Objectives:To improve presentations and efficiency by creating effective and useful charts in Excel.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
2. Recognize the different steps involved in creating charts.
3. Recognize how to edit existing charts by resizing, changing chart type, moving chart elements and adding/ deleting data series by using contextual tabs menus and short cut keys.
4. Recognize how to apply formatting techniques, such as colors and inserting objects such as graphics, to a chart.
5. Recognize how to change the default chart type.
6. Recognize the steps required to create custom chart types and how to save them as templates to improve efficiency.
7. Differentiate between the different methodologies of linking Excel data and using static Excel data into PowerPoint presentations.
8. Recognize how fonts, colors, graphics, documentation and printing can impact the professionalism of a PowerPoint presentation.
|Course Contents :||