|Author :||Danny C Santucci, JD|
|Course Length :||Pages: 54 ||| Review Questions: 17 ||| Final Exam Questions: 23|
|CPE Credits :||4.5|
|IRS Credits :||4|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Taxes - Taxes for Course Id 410
This course examines and explains the major tax provisions of the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (“TRUIRJCA”). The focus is on individual tax rates, marriage penalty relief, family and child incentives, alternative minimum tax relief, and in particular estate planning changes imposed by TRUIRJCA. The course examines how the TRUIRJCA shapes other key tax laws as pertains to various available deductions and credits, dividends and capital gains, depreciation, expensing, and charitable contributions. Finally, the course will highlight the major impact of the TRUIRJCA on estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes. Participants will be able to help clients navigate these changes and learn how TRUIRJCA affects them in particular.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||General understanding of federal income taxation.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE)|
|Revision Date :||30-May-2021|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents - 410
|Keywords :||Taxes, Tax, Relief, Unemployment, Insurance, Reauthorization, Job, Creation, Act, 2010, HR, 4853, Mini, Course, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.ASSIGNMENT
At the start of the materials, participants should identify the following topics for study:
* Continuation of Educational & Energy Benefits
* Implementation of Family & Child Incentives
* Extension of AMT Patch for Individuals
* Extension of Bonus Depreciation & Other Business Provisions
* New Estate & Charitable Planning Provisions
After reading the materials, participants will able to:
2. Specify extended and enhanced credits & deductions for teachers, state and local sales taxes, educational expenses, research, and wages, showing their timing and usage.
3. Identify the TRUIRJCA business provisions, in particular those on depreciation of leasehold improvements, bonus depreciation, payroll taxes, expensing, and environmental remediation costs.
4. Recognize selected contributions, including conservation, inventory, charitable IRA contributions and contributions for transit and parking.
5. Determine the impact of TRUIRJCA on estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes, and spousal portability, listing several planning consequences.
|Course Contents :||
Chapter 1 - Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (HR 4853)