|Author :||L. Keith Jordan, CPA|
|CPE Credits :||12.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Specialized Knowledge - Specialized Knowledge for Course Id 668
This course covers the more basic aspects of QuickBooks Pro 2014, teaching the student how to
• Work with preferences, items, lists, and forms
• Work with the Fixed Asset Item List and the Loan Manager
• Create purchase orders, accounts payable transactions, and automated and manual checks
• Create customer invoices, and receive payments and make deposits
• Process payroll transactions and create payroll checks
• Modify forms to create a customized appearance
• Create journal entries and understand when they are needed
• Reconcile bank accounts
• Create, modify, and export reports
• Maintain QuickBooks company data files
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||Some knowledge of QuickBooks is helpful but not required.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||The student should have access to a computer and a copy of QuickBooks, preferably Pro 2014. Use of other editions of QuickBooks (such as Premier) and versions (other than 2014) with this course may be possible, but the student should understand that there|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||30-May-2021|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - 668
|Keywords :||Specialized Knowledge and Applications, QuickBooks, Pro, 2014, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
Course Learning Objectives
• use QuickBooks to set up a new company file;
• identify basic elements of the QuickBooks Home page, define the role of lists and forms, and determine preference settings;
• identify features of the Chart of Accounts list, distinguish between accounts and subaccounts, locate non-posting accounts and contrast them to posting accounts;
• demonstrate how to classify and organize the Items list;
• describe QuickBooks payroll features and recommend from alternatives, employ user-defined fields to customize information, and demonstrate how to setup payroll information in QuickBooks;
• identify the basic elements of modifiable QuickBooks forms, and demonstrate how to use form options to modify and design these forms so that they better meet the needs of the entity;
• illustrate how to enter transactions in QuickBooks, use QuickBooks Fixed Asset and Loan control features, and demonstrate how to memorize and print transactions in QuickBooks;
• explain how to use the QuickBooks bank reconciliation feature, describe the options available, and determine the best approach for entering credit card transactions into QuickBooks; and
• utilize reports and graphs features available in QuickBooks, demonstrate how to export report data, and describe QuickBooks file maintenance utilities.
• evaluate for whom QuickBooks is best suited, determine if QuickBooks meets company needs, and recommend the correct setup in single and multi-user environments.
• explain how to add and edit company information in QuickBooks.
• determine Preferences settings.
• distinguish between an account and a subaccount when viewing the Chart of Accounts list, locate non-posting accounts on the Chart of Accounts list and contrast non-posting accounts to posting accounts.
• discuss the purpose of Group Items and contrast them to Assembly Items, and demonstrate how to set up and organize Items and Group Items.
• demonstrate how to set up payroll information in QuickBooks to use basic payroll features and employ user-defined fields to customize captured information.
• use available form options to design and modify QuickBooks forms to better meet the needs of the entity.
• demonstrate how to memorize and print or batch print transactions.
• determine the best approach for entering credit card transactions into QuickBooks.
• describe QuickBooks utilities related to file maintenance, such as making backups.
|Course Contents :||
Chapter 1 - An Overview
After studying Chapter 1 of QuickBooks Pro 2014, the student will be able to
Network or Standalone
Notes to the Student
General Comments & Display Issues
Finding the Answers to Course Questions
Your Feedback is Important
Is QuickBooks Pro for Everyone?
Practice Exercise 1-1
Chapter 1 Quiz
Chapter 2 - Getting Started
Chapter 2 Quiz
Chapter 3 - The Basics
Practice Exercise 3-1
Practice Exercise 3-2
Chapter 3 Quiz
Chapter 4 - The Chart of Accounts
Viewing the Chart of Accounts
Adding or Editing Accounts
Practice Exercise 4-1
Chapter 4 Quiz
Chapter 5 - The Item List
What are Items?
Setting up Sales Tax
Multiple List Entries and Duplicating Items
Chapter 5(A) Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 5(B) Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 5 Quiz
Chapter 6 - Payroll
The Changing Face of Payroll
Setting Up Manual Payroll Processing in QuickBooks
Chapter 6 Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 6 Quiz
Chapter 7 - Forms
Practice Exercise 7-1
Chapter 7 Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 7 Quiz
Chapter 8 - Recording Transactions
The Next Step
Fixed Asset List and Depreciation
A Word of Caution
Chapter 8 Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 8 Quiz
Chapter 9 - Reconciliation
Chapter 9 Case Study Exercise: Celebration Creations
Chapter 9 Quiz
Chapter 10 - Analysis and Maintenance
Chapter 10 Quiz
Appendix A – Practice Exercise Feedback