|Author :||Jae K. Shim, Ph.D., CPA|
|CPE Credits :||4.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Behavioral Ethics - Ethics for Course Id 740
A course covering standards of professional conduct and business practices adhered to by real estate professionals in order to enhance their profession and maximize idealism, justice and fairness when dealing with the public, clients and other members of their profession.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||29-Oct-2012|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA Registry - 740
|Keywords :||Behavioral Ethics, Ethics, Real, Estate, Professionals, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
2. Differentiate between amoral and ethical values.
3. List and characterize two systems of ethics.
4. Differentiate between legal versus ethical codes.
5. Discuss the development of law and ethics.
6. List examples of Philosophers who contributed to the development of ethics.
2. Discuss the salespersonís responsibility to the consumer.
3. Describe the salespersonís responsibility toward other sales people.
2. Diagnose the causes for a lack of ethics.
3. Determine the brokerís responsibility.
4. Explain and give examples of a code of ethics.
5. Demonstrate ethical behavior.
2. Outline the realtorís duties to the public.
3. List and explain the duties of a realtor.
2. Elaborate on the code of professional ethics.
3. Explain the uniform standards of the professional appraiser.
4. List and give examples of consequences of violations of standards.
5. Distinguish between remedial and disciplinary measures.
6. Explain the difference among censure, suspension and expulsion.
7. Explain the use of designations, emblems and logos by members.
2. Clarify the real estate agentís obligations to society.
|Course Contents :||
Ethics in Selling
Ethical Problems in the Real Estate Industry
Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the National Association of Realtorsģ
Ethics and Standards of the Appraisal Institute
Code of Ethics for All Real Estate Agents --The Canadian Real Estate Association