|Author :||Danny C Santucci, JD|
|Course Length :||Pages: 29 ||| Review Questions: 10 ||| Final Exam Questions: 10|
|CPE Credits :||2.0|
|IRS Credits :||2|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Taxes - Taxes for Course Id 125
Practitioners are brought up-to-date information on tax issues affecting estate planning and business issues. A major emphasis of this mini-course is practical estate planning solutions that are cost-effective. Devised to reduce or eliminate estate problems and death taxes, this comprehensive guide examines wills, trusts, gifts, insurance, private annuities, and other general estate planning tools. The planning issues and problems that arise from owning a business interest are also addressed.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||General understanding of federal income taxation.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||31-Aug-2022|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents - 125
|Keywords :||Taxes, Estate, Planning, Business, Issues, Tax, Mini, Course, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.ASSIGNMENT
* Simple will
* Types of trusts
* Charitable trusts
* Family documents
* Private annuities
* Business valuation
* Lifetime dispositions
* Installment payment of federal estate taxes
2. Specify the primary ways to dispose of assets using trusts and annuities including the importance of family documents to manage assets.
3. Recognize the starting point used to value a business’s tangible assets, cite the R.R. 59-60 business valuation factors and the steps in R.R. 68-609’s valuation formula for intangible assets and goodwill stating the effect of both rulings on the total value of a business, determine the adjustment caused by minority interests in a closely held business and their impact on final evaluation.
4. Identify ways to dispose of a business interest before death to family members while avoiding the provisions of the constructive ownership rules.
5. Recognize deferred compensation agreements as a valuable estate planning tool and identify when to recommend the option of paying federal estate taxes in installments indicating the basis of the election and its eligibility requirements.
|Course Contents :||
Chapter 1 - Estate Planning with Business Issues