|Author :||Danny C Santucci, JD|
|Course Length :||Pages: 30 ||| Review Questions: 20 ||| Final Exam Questions: 20|
|CPE Credits :||4.0|
|IRS Credits :||4|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Taxes - Taxes for Course Id 825
The various ideas, methods, and techniques to optimize the overall compensation package for key employees and principals are examined in this employee compensation and benefits mini-course. Generally, businesses may deduct employees’ pay including wages, salaries, and other perks. Certain fringe benefits that can provide an unusually tax-favored manner of supplementing compensation are described and evaluated. In addition, equity participation is explored through stock sales, repurchase agreements, incentive stock options, ESOTs, stock options, and bonuses. Finally, deferred compensation arrangements are investigated. The goal of this mini-course is to provide participants with a working knowledge of the types of compensation necessary to structure a compensation package minimizing tax liabilities and cost.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||General understanding of federal income taxation.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||QAS Self Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||26-Jun-2023|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - IRS Enrolled Agents - 825
|Keywords :||Taxes, Employee, Compensation, Benefits, Tax, Mini, Course, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
As a result of studying the assigned materials, you should be able to meet the objectives listed below.ASSIGNMENT
* Tests for deducting pay to employees
* Selected types of compensation
* Payroll taxes
* Selected fringe benefits
* Interest-free & below-market loans
* Equity participation
* Advantages of nonqualified deferred compensation
* Funded company account plans
2. Recognize employee and officer compensation deductibility factors and the related employment taxes and reporting obligations to ensure compliance with regulations.
3. Identify fringe benefits specifying those that provide deductible incentive-based employee compensation.
4. Specify the equity incentive opportunities available to employers showing the variety, tax treatment, and use of stock plans.
5. Recognize the use of deferred compensation agreements to attain compensation and retirement objectives.
|Course Contents :||
Chapter 1 - Employee Compensation and Benefits