|Author :||Patricia McCarthy, MBA|
|CPE Credits :||5.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Course Type:||NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Specialized Knowledge - Specialized Knowledge for Course Id 993
The Journal of Accountancy stated that “an audience understands and remembers numerical information more easily when a CPA presents it visually as well as verbally.” This course covers the basics of creating, editing and formatting a chart and more. It shows you how to create a default chart using your corporate colors or logo as well how to create custom charts that can be saved and used as needed. In addition, it covers how to create and how to read different chart types such as a combination chart and a 2 y axis chart. The course also discusses how to efficiently link your Excel charts into PowerPoint presentation and into Word reports.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Prerequisites :||This course covers Excel 2010 through and including Excel 2016. Screenshots are based on Excel 2016 however, where there are significant differences Excel 2010 and 2013 screenshots are also displayed. A basic understanding of file management (how to open and save files) is assumed. You should be comfortable using Excel at a basic level.|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||30-Jun-2018|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - Text - Technical - NASBA Registry - 993
|Keywords :||Specialized Knowledge and Applications, Creating, Effective, Charts, Excel, 2010, 2013, 2016, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
Course Objectives:To improve presentations and efficiency by creating effective and useful charts in Excel.
By the end of the course participants should be able to:
2. Recognize the different steps involved in creating charts.
3. Recognize how to edit existing charts by resizing, changing chart type, moving chart elements and adding/ deleting data series by using contextual tabs menus and short cut keys.
4. Recognize how to apply formatting techniques, such as colors and inserting objects such as graphics, to a chart.
5. Recognize the default chart type.
6. Recognize the steps required to create custom chart types and how to save them as templates to improve efficiency.
7. Differentiate between the different methodologies of linking Excel data and using static Excel data into PowerPoint presentations.
8. Recognize how fonts, colors, graphics, documentation and printing can impact the professionalism of a PowerPoint presentation.
|Course Contents :||