|Author :||Chris Brady, Author, Speaker, Humorist, and Businessman|
|CPE Credits :||4.0|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Management Services - Management Services for Course Id 952
In this course, you will learn to utilize the PDCA process in order to achieve your goals, identify and apply the four stages of a successful person’s life to your success as a leader and to your legacy, describe the techniques and steps to resolve conflict and apply them to your own conflict resolution practices. You will also be to enhance personal relationships within your organization by building trust and distinguishing why people in an organization become disgruntled in order to more effectively address these problems. By learning and employing these people skills, you become a more effective leader in your organization.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||You must already have the course, we do not offer the course|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||You must already have the course|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE)|
|Revision Date :||11-Apr-2016|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - NASBA Registry - 952
|Keywords :||Management Advisory Services, Launching, Leadership, Revolution, LLR, Audio, Series, Part, 3, Final, Exam, Only, we, do, not, offer, course, you, MUST, already, have, course, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
Course Learning Objectives
2. Describe the techniques and steps to resolve conflict and apply them to your own conflict resolution practices.
3. Utilize the PDCA process in order to achieve your goals.
4. Recognize the reasons why people in an organization become disgruntled and practice ways to address these problems.
5. Employ the various methods and practices for enhancing personal relationships and building trust within an organization.
|Course Contents :||
1. Audio 09—Choosing Your attitude: The Four Stages of Success in the Life of a Leader
2. Audio 10—Overcoming Ego: The Conflict Resolution Process
3. Audio 11—Why People Become Disgruntled: Recognizing People Problems in and Organization
4. Audio 12—Do People Trust You?: Enhancing Personal Relationships and Building Trust in an Organization