|Author :||Jae K. Shim, Ph.D., CPA|
|CPE Credits :||11.5|
|IRS Credits :||0|
|Passing Score :||70%|
|Primary Subject-Field Of Study:||
Specialized Knowledge - Specialized Knowledge for Course Id 858
This course is designed to train both working CPAs and financial personnel to develop the knowledge and techniques required to review a variety of financing activities for businesses, and commercial and residential real estate.
|Usage Rank :||0|
|Experience Level :||Overview|
|Additional Contents :||Complete, no additional material needed.|
|Additional Links :|
|Advance Preparation :||None.|
|Delivery Method :||Self-Study|
|Intended Participants :||Anyone needing Continuing Professional Education (CPE).|
|Revision Date :||11-Oct-2015|
|NASBA Course Declaration :||Participants must complete the final examination within one year of purchase and with a minimum passing grade of 70% or better to receive CPE credit unless otherwise noted on the Course History page (i.e. California Ethics must score 90% or better). After logging in click on the Course History links on your My Courses page for the Begin date and Expire date for the Final Exam.|
|Approved Audience :||
NASBA QAS - NASBA Registry - 858
|Keywords :||Specialized Knowledge and Applications, Guide, Commercial, Real, Estate, Finance, cpe, cpa, online course|
|Learning Objectives :||
2. Identify the loan-packaging services.
3. Recognize how lenders qualify clients.
2. Identify benefits from factoring and leasing.
3. Identify investment criteria for venture capital firms
2. Identify goals for federal loan programs and factors in determining FICO scores.
2. Recognize how lenders evaluate commercial real estate properties and borrowers.
3. Recognize lending rule-of-thumbs and terminology.
4. Recognize how property types affect value, risk, and financing sources.
5. Identify aspects and steps of the construction loans process.
2. Identify the sources, classifications and types of mortgages.
3. Recognize the factors to be considered in investment decision, including valuation methods and the risk-return tradeoffs.
|Course Contents :||
Chapter 1: The Professional Loan Broker
The Loan Broker Business
Facts of the Market Place
The Home Loan Basics
Chapter 2: Commercial Finance
Commercial Finance Services
Accounts Receivable Financing
Types of Leases
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Leasing
Small Business Administration (SBA) Loans
Venture Capital Financing
Working a Loan Online
Chapter 3: Real Estate Loans
Basic Review of Real Estate
Real Estate Loan Origination
Residential Loan Types
Chapter 4: Introduction to Commercial Real Estate Financing
Analyzing the Income Property Loan
The Income-Property Lending Process
Permanent Mortgage Investors
Sample Apartment Analysis
General Offices (Multi-Tenancy)
Medical Office Buildings
Mobile Home Parks
Hotels and Motels
Introduction to Construction Loans
Interim Loan Underwriting
Chapter 5: Real Estate Financing and Fundamentals of Investing
The Loan Process
Sources of Funds
Classification of Mortgages
Comparing Mortgage Options
Fundamentals of Investing
Understanding Return and Risk
Housing: The Cost of Shelter
Investing in Real Estate
Appendix: Useful Websites